查看完整案例

收藏

下载
Mary Queen of the World Cathedral
Montreal
Downtown
Church
This low scale replica of St. Peter's cathedral was built to replace the one located on Saint-Denis (Saint-Jacques) destroyed several times by fires.
Construction of the basilica lasted for over 24 years between the foundation stone (1870) and its opening after the blessing of Bishop Fabre. The statues that adorn the facade were completed in 1900.
Its location in the heart of the English Protestant district reflected the provocative side of Bishop Bourget, second Montreal bishop and instigator of this construction.
Today the basilica is surrounded by the tallest skyscrapers in Montreal and is one of the most visited by tourists visiting Montreal.
This building has a Neo-Renaissance architectural style.
Cathedral, one of the largest temples of the New World, is one of the most graceful of the city. This is an abridged but faithful copy of Saint-Pierre de Rome. The Dominion beautiful square which provides a framework for its magnificent soaring monumental dome. When Bishop Lartigue was appointed bishop of Telmesse (1821), with responsibility for administering the Church of Montreal, he continued the seminary of Saint Sulpice and Notre-Dame became a sort of provisional cathedral in Montreal. But including the disadvantages could result from the presence of the bishop at the seminar he soon settled at the old Hotel-Gods ... i>
Architect
Victor Bourgeau, Alcibiade Leprohon, Joseph Michaud
Constructor and other companies involved in construction:
Lepage et Pépin, Maison Benoît
Modifications :
1955-1958: Crevier Lemieux et Mercier
This building won following awards
1983 -
Governor General's Awards - Medal
Location / address
1085 de la Cathédrale Street Boulevard / boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest | Montréal
Quebec, Canada
Near subway station Bonaventure
Building's name
Mary Queen of the World Cathedral
Other name
Cathédrale Saint-Jacques, Saint-James, la Cathédrale Marie-Reine-du-monde
Architect
Victor Bourgeau
Alcibiade Leprohon
Joseph Michaud
Others companies
Lepage et Pépin
Maison Benoît
Borough Downtown
Arrondissement Ville-Marie
Centre de l'Île
4 floors (overground)
Beginning of construction
1870
Year of completion
1894
Building type
Church
客服
消息
收藏
下载
最近















